https://alivepilates.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/9397776623_b64984a903_q_thai-soup-e1490625177288.jpg 150 150 Susan Booth https://alivepilates.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Alive-Pilates-white-Logo.png Susan Booth2017-03-27 14:33:082017-03-27 14:33:08Thai chicken curry soup recipe
Serves 4 – Ingredients
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 chicken breast, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup button mushrooms, chopped
- 2-3 tbsp curry powder
- 2 cups water or chicken stock
- 1 tbsp almond flour, optional, for thickening
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 1 tbsp fish sauce, optional
- ½ tsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black
pepper to taste
- Add the coconut oil and chicken to a large saucepan over a medium heat. Toss the chicken in the oil and cook for about 2 mins.
- Add the onion, red pepper and mushrooms to the saucepan and cook for just a minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper at this point.
- Coat the meat and vegetables in the curry powder (add up to 3 tbsp depending on how spicy you want the dish to be). Cook for just about 45 seconds.
- Add the water or stock, almond flour, coconut milk and fish sauce. Stir well. Allow the soup to simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and the chicken is cooked through.
- Adjust the seasoning, if needed, and top with the fresh coriander prior to serving.